The Future of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies: How They Will Impact Your International Supply Chain and What You Need to Know to be Prepared
REGISTER FOR EVENT HERE
(Choose February Date)
Blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies are arguably the hottest topics in business today. Find out why on Thursday, February 15, when MITA hosts experts in blockchain and cryptocurrencies to explore how blockchain is being used from product and payment traceability and what other implications these disruptive technologies have on international businesses.
The conference will feature discussions covering international and regional use cases and global best practices in blockchain technology implementations, as well as a closer look at the rapidly evolving world of cryptocurrencies.
The seminar offers unique networking opportunities for attendees to connect with industry leaders from IBM, First National Bank, BlockEra, Mutual of Omaha and other innovators as well as business professionals involved in international supply chain, logistics and payments.
- Business: Blockchain is an exchange network that facilitates transfer of value, assets, or other entities between willing and mutually agreeing participants, ensuring privacy and control of data to stakeholders.
- Legal: Blockchain ledger transactions are validated, indisputable transactions, which do not require intermediaries or trusted third-party legal entities.
- Technical: Blockchain is a replicated, distributed ledger of transactions with ledger entries referencing other data stores (for additional information related to ledger transactions).
- We are in 1994 of the internet for blockchain technology. There are hard technological problems that still need to be solved before blockchain technology is to be mass adopted but now is the time to prepare for it…a new era.
- Blockchain technology is about the efficiency of money movement. In the future, the facilitation of all contracts and payments between companies will take place on the blockchain.
- Blockchains will open up new value networks for companies across the globe.
Jeff Main, Consultant — Alpha BTC
- What is Blockchain?
- Blockchain is transformational.
- International use cases / examples.
- Business impacts of blockchain.
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) to raise capital.
- For more information (links, resources).
- What is immutable title and why is it important to trade?
- Smart Contracts are good, but not the only need.
- To get truly global fast, there needs to be a catalyst.
- A brief history of the origins of bitcoin and blockchain technology.
- An overview of cryptocurrency and some of the more well-known cryptocurrencies.
- An overview of potential blockchain use cases in the insurance industry (if there’s value to the audience and time available).
For more information, CLICK HERE!