A Global Update After a Long Pause: Perspectives in Unprecedented Times
WEBINAR — Wednesday, August 26 — FREE EVENT
The webinar link will be emailed to you.
Brian Gordon, Commerce Bank
Kris Denzel, Senior Director, International Policy
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Bright Spots pre-pandemic (USMCA, China Phase I, other on-going negotiations)
- US/China relations currently
- Supply Chain adjustments and COVID’s influence
Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts
- Opening comments and highlights of Nebraska. Where do we go from here as Nebraska looks to be an even bigger participant in the global economy
- Governor’s Trade Council
- Competition (globally and locally). How can Nebraska leverage the relationships that have been built over the years around the world to continue to grow? “If you love doing business with Nebraska, tell 10 of your friends, or better yet, introduce us!”
- Updates on trade missions — where else would Nebraska companies have opportunities that the state can help support?
Pete Mento, Managing Director Global Customs and Duties
- Where do we go from here?
- Divergent outcomes/approaches based on election
- Supply chain concerns
- Long-term economic impact of COVID-19 (fewer flights, less cargo, how vaccines will work, etc.)
Q&A and Wrap Up