March 19, 2019 8:00 am - 11:45 am
REGISTER FOR EVENT HERE
Expand, Grow, and Manage. All are important to a robust business but what is the best way to expand? What are the options to enter a new international market? With trade wars and changing special trade programs, how can we best manage our import supply chain? These are all questions that many companies ask and analyze on a daily basis. Join us on Tuesday, March 19th, where MITA has brought together professionals and specialists that are involved in these critical areas to present on their experiences, successes and challenges. Don’t miss out on this meeting that will be packed full of valuable knowledge and experience! Come with questions for our panel discussion!
Shifting Supply Chains — David Gnuse, Lozier Corporation
Selling through Distributors — Juan Miceli, Li-Cor
Joint Ventures — Barry Ruffalo, Valmont Industries
Panel Discussion Moderated by: Professor Phani Tej Adidam
Vice President of Operations
- A brief history of Lozier’s experience with importing.
- A review of the tariff impact at Lozier.
- Supply chain sourcing and diversification process.
Juan José Miceli
Latin American Business Specialist
- Determinate if you need a distributor.
- What to look for in a distributor?
- How to search for and select a distributor?
- Distributor training and expectations.
- Ways to support distributors.
- Evaluation of distributors.
Group President – Engineered Support Structures
Valmont Industries, Inc.
- Valmont overview and global growth through mergers and acquisitions.
- Merger and acquisition philosophy.
- Global acquisition process – identification and building relationships, due diligence and integration.
- Joint venture or acquisition.
- Culture – How does this play into the transaction?
Dr. Phani Tej Adidam
Chairman of the Marketing and Entrepreneurship Department
Director of Center for International Business Initiatives
University of Nebraska at Omaha