February 21, 2019 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
REGISTER FOR EVENT HERE
This interactive workshop removes the mystery of letters of credit. It addresses topics such as: what is a letter of credit, how does it work, what are the risks, how to correctly structure one, how to get paid and how to keep costs down.
Don’t miss this educational workshop on Thursday, February 21, where industry expert, Roy Becker, Owner of Roy Becker Seminars, Corporate Trainer/Consultant on International Trade will teach companies who import and export how to mitigate their risk and improve cash flow.
* Introduction to Letters of Credits
* What are the Financial Risks of Exporting?
* The Contract
* Understand the Risks of the Four Terms of Trade
* Factors to Consider Before Setting Payment Terms
* Collections (Sight & Time)
* What is a Letter of Credit and How Does It Work?
* The role of the Incoterms® rules
* Review of a Sample Letter of Credit
* Review of the ICC Rules
* Review of Key Commercial Shipping Documents
* Assignments, Transfers
* Time Drafts Drawn on Letters of Credit
* Amendments, Confirmation, Costs
* Standby Letters of Credit
* TMIT: Instructions to the Buyer for Establishing a Letter of Credit
* Case Studies
Who Should Attend:
Sales, Purchasing, Finance, Credit, Legal and Logistics Personnel
You Will Also Receive:
* Handout material, useful as a resource after the training
* Code for each participant to receive 25% discounted download for e-book, “More Banker’s Insights on International Trade”