November 16, 2017 8:00 am - 11:30 amNo Categories
REGISTER FOR EVENT HERE
(Choose November Date)
Join us as we explore the fundamentals of Free Trade Zones (FTZs), their benefits to business, as well as one of the hottest topics in trade today, antidumping. This seminar is designed for those who are unfamiliar with FTZs including a more recently available program called an Alternative Site Framework (ASF). Whether you are importing, exporting or a third-party service provider, this seminar will give you the opportunity to learn the program basics and operational requirements from those managing and operating their own FTZ’s.
The second portion of the seminar will expose the latest perspective regarding changes to countervailing (CVD) and antidumping (ADD) duties. CVD and ADD have gotten a lot of press lately due to their impact on trade across many industries. Learn what duties may change in the future, as well as what the implications are to those who import products subject to ADD and CVD.
So Why Attend?
- Learn and understand the benefits of a FTZ and navigate the FTZ regulatory environment with the experts.
- Stay up-to-date on the regulatory environment surrounding import duties.
- Network with peers and professionals who are either well versed in these topics or who are seeking more information.
Lizbeth Levinson, Partner — Kutak Rock LLP (D.C.)
- The role of the International Trade Commission and the Department of Commerce in antidumping cases
- The role of the Customs and Border Protection in antidumping cases and how it impacts importers of record.
- Recent antidumping cases to look out for.
- Circumvention of antidumping duty orders and what importers have to do to comply.
- Sunset reviews at the International Trade Commission.
Lynn Larson, Foreign Trade Zone Manager — CNH Industrial America, LLC
- What is a FTZ and benefits?
- Start-up and follow through.
- Lessons learned.
Terry McMullen, President — Cargo Zone LLC (General Purpose Foreign Trade Zone #19)
- Background and history on the Omaha area Foreign Trade Zone and the growth of the Foreign Trade Zone operations in Nebraska.
- The Governing body, authorization and “features and benefits” in general.
Cory Johnson, Business Development Manager — AIT Worldwide Logistics
Foreign Trade Zone Administrator — Cargo Zone LLC
- Procedural background on how goods flow in and out of the local Zone, along with some of the projects that have been managed to date.
- Recent requests for potential usage.
Mindy Ruffalo — Consultant
- Overview for CBP: Alternative Site Framework (ASF)
- The Structure of the FTZ Board
- The “What” and “Why” of the ASF
- Application Process
For more information, CLICK HERE!