MITA’s World Trade Conference
REGISTER FOR EVENT HERE
MITA’s World Trade Conference – #TradeMatters
MITA’s World Trade Conference is a one-of-a-kind event in this area that supports companies and professionals involved in international business and global trade. At this year’s Conference, we will address international expansion, development, and trade missions at the state level. Conference attendees will also hear from several speakers on various topics, including trade updates and current international hot topics from industry experts in Generative AI (aka ChatGPT), economics, economic development, international trade, and the Small Business Administration. In addition, a panel of experts will discuss international innovation right here in Nebraska.
Our in-person Conference offers many networking opportunities over coffee and lunch, during breaks, and at the concluding reception hosted by First National Bank of Omaha.
Please join MITA as we celebrate the importance of international trade on the region’s economy and network together to share collective expertise on expanding your business.
National Director of Trade Finance
U.S. Small Business Administration
Bringing the Exports into the Mainstream
- How the SBA is harnessing domestic lenders to support exports.
Director of International and Business Development
Department of Economic Development
Department of Economic Development
Nebraska Department of Economic Development
- About the Department of Economic Development.
- Department of Economic trade activities and goals.
- Grants and trade support.
Dr. Phani Tej Adidam
Professor and Chair
University of Nebraska Omaha
Leveraging Innovations in Response to Global Trends
- Innovations and how these are measured.
- Global Consumer Trends in 2023 and beyond.
- How can Nebraska businesses leverage innovations in response to these trends.
Director, AI and Data Services
Neudesic (an IBM Company)
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Generative Artificial Intelligence (aka ChatGPT) and Its Business Implications
- Generative AI (aka ChatGPT) has captured the attention of business leaders worldwide with its potential to transform various industries.
- Explore what Generative AI (aka ChatGPT) is, why it matters, and how it works.
- What business leaders need to understand and take immediate action on in this cutting-edge technology.
- Provide a recipe for leveraging Generative AI to enhance business productivity while considering its ethical implications.
- Equip you with the knowledge and tools necessary to stay ahead of the curve and drive innovation in your industry.
- Latest advancements in AI and learn how to integrate this groundbreaking technology into your business strategy without leaving anyone behind.
2023 Sanctions Outlook for Russia, Belarus and Ukraine
- An overview of the latest updates to the constantly expanding export controls and trade sanctions which restrict transactions between US persons and Russia, Belarus and certain regions of Ukraine.
- Discussion of “red flags” that exporters should be aware of which indicate when bad actors might be trying to divert their goods or services in violation of US law.
- Overview of potentially available authorizations for transactions with Russia, Belarus and Ukraine related to agriculture, medicine and other humanitarian purposes.
International Sales Manager
Struggles, Successes and Tips
- The Preferred Popcorn story.
- Biggest export struggles.
- Current successes.
- Tips for small businesses.
Innovation in Nebraska Panel Discussion
Jill O’Donnell, Haggart-Work Director & Professor of Practice, Clayton Yeutter Institute of International Trade and Finance, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Rob Owen, Executive Director, Bio Nebraska
Ben Williamson, Managing Director of Grit Road Partners and Managing Director of Invest Nebraska
Laurel Oetken, Director of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Greater Omaha Chamber (Moderator)
For more information about our speakers and Conference details, please click HERE!